Disneyland Reopening plans added to the Disney Parks reopening plan.
The Disneyland Reopening is technically just a plan as of now. Of course the local authorities have to approve any plan to re-open parks but the Walt Disney Company has released the plans for both the Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in California as well as Disneyland Hong Kong. This comes on the heels of Disneyland Shanghai re-opening and Disney Springs District in Florida.
To hold you over we have a free 4K Disney screensaver gallery of our best Disneyland and Disneyworld Photos from Kelly Bourquin at CustomPhotoCraft.com.
Worldwide status of the Disney Parks as of June 15, 2020
Shanghai – Open With Restrictions
Walt Disney World Resort Phased Reopening and Important Information
• Walt Disney World theme parks will open beginning July 11 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15.
• Additionally, Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Members and Guests on June 22. Disney Vacation Club properties in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open on June 15. Disney Springs has already begun to reopen. Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort Hotels, restaurants and other offerings may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to availability or closure. Learn more.
Disneyland Resort Phased Reopening Set to Begin in July
While the Disneyland Resort is currently closed, Disney shared these proposed plans for a phased reopening:
- The Downtown Disney District will begin opening on July 9.
Pending state and local government approvals, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park will plan to reopen on July 17* Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will plan to reopen on July 23.*
- Upon reopening, certain parks, hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity and will be subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.
• Disney Resorts say they have taken enhanced health and safety measures.
Hong Kong Disneyland reopening planned for June 18.
During this initial reopening phase, the Hong Kong park will open with limited attendance. The park will implement social distancing requirements in queues, restaurants, attraction vehicles and at other facilities throughout the park, and will increase the frequency of sanitization and disinfection in high-guest contact areas.
From Stephanie Young, Managing Director Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
“As Hong Kong becomes the second Disney park to reopen, the rest of the Disney Parks family around the world continues to believe in magic and prepare for their own reopening moments. Like Hong Kong they’re eager to welcome guests back to reunite with family and friends – to imagine all that is possible regardless of the situation, to celebrate postponed milestones and to make magical, new memories.”
Disneyland Paris Reopening
There are rumors of government approval for a re-opening date of June 22nd with some officials saying they won’t be ready until July 14th or later. The official website of Disneyland Paris does not yet have a date. If that changes we will post it here.
Editors Note, On June 15th, Disneyland Park officials said they would not open Disneyland Resort Parks and Hotels as planned, and have not given any further updates as of the June 22nd press release.